Friday, April 10, 2009

Celebrations! Celebrations!

We've had several celebrations in this household before its members fell ill with the nasty stomach flu. I am thankful that it happened after we were done celebrating. One was my sister in-law's beautiful cherry blossom wedding and another was my b-day.

So, it was a "Happy 28th B-day to Me!" last week. And thanks to a Russian social networking site in addition to the friends and family who remembered, I got a gazillion Happy B-day wishes! The day fell on my day off (I work every other day) and I didn't do a squat around the house. It felt good turning 28 though. Most people I meet think I look young for having THREE (such a BIG number, moms of six, ha?) kids and are surprised to learn that I AM young. So I have to explain my "start young, end young" motto a lot. Twenty eight feels as it should. Young.

Anyway, in the evening, my mom (LOVE YA, Mom!) and my dear sister (You too, sis!) agreed to take upon the endeavor of spending the evening with my overstimulated kids while hubby and I go out. So, being the spontaneous us, we decided to go see Mall Cop in the theaters. Apparently, this movie has been out for a while. We didn't know that until we found ourselves here:

My husband and I are suckers for movies no one else wants to see. We don't go to the movie theater often, but when we do we are often the only ones there. So taking pictures of us goofing off during previews did not feel weird at all.


Neither was talking a business call
The movie was alright, kinda corny but got us a few laughs. After it was over, we went to the historic AmadeusManor, Portland's best kept secret. The food was amazing, the setting-mesmerizing and $20 off coupon--very needed. And...we were the only ones there again as it was close to closing when we got there. And again, it wasn't weird at all to take pictures of all of these details.

Every table always has fresh flowers on it. The place is full of history and old books on the shelf add to the authenticity of it.
There is a crystal chandelier hanging over each tableThis pear-something sherbet was served before the entree. Very refreshing! I loved their china as well. It was all from different collections. I ordered seafood on a pastry puff. To borrow one from Rachel Ray--Delish!
This picturesque window overlooks the Willamette river. The view is gorgeous during the day.
It turned out to be a very private celebration. I enjoyed every minute of it.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Girlfriend! Man, I totally forgot about it, soooo soooo sorry. I am glad you enjoyed it!

    GO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved being in my 20's! Enjoy! Happy Belated Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Zhenya!
    Oooops, I forgot about it.
    God bless you!

    P.S. Did Vera tell you that I am coming to Portland in 2 weeks' time?

    Yulya

    ReplyDelete