Friday, August 28, 2015

It Spoke To Me (ISTM) 8/28/2015

So, on an eve of mine going back to work in a few days, I get this brilliant idea to keep some articles, images, songs, quotes, recipes and/or other odd things I find interesting or inspiring or mind boggling or yummy here, in my blog, under the tag ISTM, which apparently stands for It Seems To Me for everyone else on the internet, but for my purposes it will stand for IT SPOKE/SPEAKS TO ME. You know, things you come across that you want to share with others because it spoke to you in some way?   A lot of these will come from my blog feed that I regularly read.

My goal is post at least once a week, BUT...kids being back in school, my job and soccer season might, just might be in a way a bit.  For what its worth, I present to you things that spoke to me this week:  


  • That family picture above from our very recent trip spoke to me.  Gulp.  Blessed beyond measure.  
  • Russian Mens Group Kvarto--love this song to include in movies and slideshows or just listen to the harmony. 

  • A yummy twist on the classic Olivie salad via Vikalinka.  Gonna try this ASAP.  

  • Found a new blog through The Art of Simple.  Though I don't ever see our family become a zero waste one, this family's lifestyle is incredible, inspiring and surprisingly fashionable. 

  • Searching to live out life through kindness.  Getting to a point where I succeed most of the time.  This quote via Mundane Faithfulness needs to be framed and read often: 
"Anger does not beget heart change; it begets shame. Yelling does not beget understanding; it begets hurt. Harsh words do not beget love; they beget humiliation. Intimidation does not beget kindness; it begets fear. Only kindness begets kindness; in fact, kindness begets love." 







No comments:

Post a Comment