Saturday, September 5, 2015

ISTM (It Speaks To Me) 9/5/2015


My sweet pea turned 9 months yesterday!   I have always told my friends that this age up to the time my kids start to walk is the most physically draining for me.  All of my babies are crawling by this age, but their speed is too slow for their growing brain so in order to keep up they prefer to be carried places and start wiggling out of your hands once you stop to take a break only to ask to be picked up again.  SIGN.  And don't even get me started on how teething turns the sweetest baby in the world into the sweetest baby in the world that won't sleep, drools like crazy, has all the symptoms of a cold and cries more than in all the previous 9 months!   So needless to say, not much is getting done around here and the to do list only grows and I sign more often now as I look at the things around my house that cry for my attention.  But.  I've been mothering long enough to know that 'tis too shall pass' and am trying to focus that his smile only got cuter with the 6 more (!) teeth that are coming in. 

  • My mom sent me this link with sayings about motherhood that most everyone can identify with. 

  • Our favorite family show is back.  The Voice of Russia is in its 4th season now.  I'm slowly getting over the fact that my favorite judge (love you, Pelageya!) won't be there this season.  I loved her so much that I want to name my daughter after her.  True story. 
  • Joy the Baker was right.  These BLTs are like nothing you've made before.  They were a huge hit with my teenage nephews that came to work at our house last week.  
  • On a more serious note, the stories of the Syrian refugees are so so sad.  With all the media coverage it is now impossible to be looking the other direction.  As a granddaughter of refugees who fled their country for religious freedom, I can only pretend to imagine what it is like to leave your home in order to say alive.  Ann says its best here and offers many many ways that the rest of the world can help.  
  • I don't know if I can ever get over the beautiful beaches of Hawaii.  Big Island has my heart. 

Its better with extended family there!




































No comments:

Post a Comment