Thursday, March 25, 2010

And the answers are....

...yes, no, a partial yes, a big fat no, and no.
A while ago, I wrote a post about waiting for certain things. You can read about it here. Read below if you care to know the answers!

1) I got a $5000 grant towards my master's degree!!! I am so exited! All this took was a letter from my principal and a short grant application. Millerfound.org is awesome!
2)We didn't get our temporary child. Yet. It looks like we will get one sometime in September. More details to come then.
3) Some of Peter's client paid him. We did get a letter from one's lawyer notifying us of bankrupcy. Peter has worked for this particular client over the course of 10 years doing various projects around his two houses. And they always paid, often ahead of time. We hold no grudge against them, but feel bad this has happened to them.
4) A reply from our mortgage company regarding the modification of our loan was a NO! We are not behind on our payments. To qualify, one must be! They actually told us that in a written form. Apparently we make too much money for modification and too little for refinancing. We are stuck in the middle.
5) I did not get the two week teacher exchange trip. I can think of many reasons for that. One (which hurts my ego least) being that I am not a full time teacher and one must be.

As the old saying goes, "The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your arm." It is good to remind oneself of this when most of the answers to your pleas are NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment