Friday, January 22, 2010
The past few days I find myself waiting, waiting and waiting. I've been checking my email more often than usually. I anticipate getting the mail in hopes to receive that which I am waiting for. My patience is slowly growing thin, I can hardly wait to receive the following:
1) The answer to my grant application from an organization. This grant has a juicy sum attached to it. I'll let you know if/when I get it.
2) An email from a lady who is supposed to tell us if/when we are getting our temporary 4th child. No, we are not adapting or taking in a foster kid.
3) Checks from my husband's clients who haven't paid him yet. We REALLY need those checks right about a month ago.
4) A reply from our mortgage company regarding the modification of our loan. I do not have high hopes that this will happen. I only pray to God that it does.
5) I applied for another government grant through the Department of State to do a 2 week teacher exchange program in a different country. Nationalistically, I chose Russia as my first preference. I do not think I will get it. The application called for experienced presenters. I.Am.Not. A presenter. I write much better than I speak. And I do not write well. This is a challenge I wanted to take on.
It is not surprising that the things listed above have some kind of financial benefit attached to it. All of it also required an incredible amount of paperwork that have consumed a lot of my time and energy. I would be disappointed, to say softly, if filling all of it out turns out to be wasteful. The answer for all items but #3 will be either yes or no. There are days when I am ready to receive AN answer just to get over the anticipation.
I live in a "I want it now!" society where delayed gratification is rarely taught and admired. A kid in me, wants to scream "Give it to me now!" The adult in me with head hung low in humility, arm stretched out with open palm is forced to say "PLEAAAAAAASE have mercy!"
****While searching for a picture to put up for this post, I found this cartoon and just had to share it with you. Though a bit off topic, this is too funny not to share.
Thank God I don't have to deal with these kinds of waits!