Its over. My short lived wonderful time away from school, work, weekend homework time, coordination of care for my kids while I am busy studying, is OVER.
It has been so nice having a whole month off from school. For a whole month, the stress cloud that hangs over me while I am multitasking was not existant. The sun shone through and made me think about how nice it would be when I am all done with my master's degree. I am officially 1/3 done with it. Which doesn't sound like a lot, but by this time next year, I will be almost done with the whole thing. And when I am....I would like to for a while, for a loooooooong while, not set my foot on college campus to take classes. I love studying, if its the ONLY thing I get to do. I do hope to come back to a community college though. This time as an instructor of English as a Second Language to adults. It will probably be wierd at first. What do you do for 3 hours if you don't have disapline issues to deal with? I am beginning my practicum this term. I will probably post my reflections here when I do. So.....Let me summarize our current craze, shall I?
- I signed up for 2 courses and my husband is signed up for 2 classes.
- I am back at work, part-time.
- My husband has been asked to lead our church choir(though we are not sure if this is going to be permanant. I pray that it isn't, but don't tell him that).
- We are about to become parents of 4 (No, I am not pregant and we are not adopting. I will write more on that when/if it happens).
- Our mortgage went up a bit, which only means that my husband has to work even more.
- Spring has been traditionally the season of colds and flus over at my place.
It is fair to say that we are not living in the present, but rather the future. Which is kind of sad, really. We are working towards a better, brighter future. But what if things don't go as planned? What if future never comes?
I sure hope it does.