Monday, May 16, 2011

A Better Way to Shop?


So I was at Safeway the other day, running in for a quick stop to pick up a couple of items.  The quick stop turned into a half an hour wait while the lady in front of me was checking out her items.  This lady was nice enough to offer me to go ahead in front of her while she fidgeted with a handful of coupons.  I had to run to get eggs so I politely declined.  I lately regretted this move.  To make a long story short, the scanning and figuring out which of her coupons actually worked for the stuff she chose took FOREVER.  She didn't seem to mind one bit the line that was getting bigger with every minute.  In my annoyance I almost didn't notice that her total bill came to $38 and that she saved $56.  Almost.  I looked at my small basket that came to over forty dollars and half of her cart that came to thirty eight and I thought, wow.  That's pretty good. 


I might have tried couponing in the past, but I do not ever remember being organized enough to have the right coupon when I need it or to consistently save any substantial sum.  And I don't want to buy things just because I can get them for a good deal.  I have a couple of things rotting in my pantry shelf that were bought that way already. 

But today I discovered this place.  It has a million deals and I bet I can find a coupon or two for my upcoming trip to Target.   And maybe if I am successful at it I would never have to shop at Winco ever again can save money on quality whole foods that are currently costing me an arm and a leg.   But, if I am going to take up that lifestyle, I need some tips from some of you who have been successful at consistently using coupons.  How do you people do it?  And what about couponing with class--is that even possible? 

No comments:

Post a Comment