Wednesday, March 25, 2009

McCafe Bugs Me


You probably know that McDonald's is now serving espresso for cheap. Their ads are all over town, some strategically placed near small local espresso huts. I don't know why but that bugs me. Granted, it is not the first time a multi-million dollar company is on its quest to eat up small businesses. But every time I pass their ads I get a bit irritated. Maybe its because we own a small business and know what it takes to build one up. Or maybe its because I am a coffee addict and I heart local espresso drive-throughs. I am not against capitalism or big business and I favor competition. But this is outright greedy! Don't they get enough millions from their "all natural fat" burgers? My heart aches for the small business owners who have invested so much into their little place and will probably loose their clients to the MickyD's.

Does anyone else see a problem with this?

2 comments:

  1. I am with you 100% on this one Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that the McCafe Latte pairs nicely with the Sausage McMuffin

    ReplyDelete