Friday, March 13, 2009

One Woman Circus



Picture a circus. Here comes a clown. The clown is funny looking alright, cracks a few jokes, falls a few times. The crowd laughs. Then, the clown leaves, changes, and comes out as an acrobat. The acrobat makes somersaults and other stunts. The crowd is pleased but not impressed. The acrobat leaves, changes and comes out on a unicycle. She rides around the arena a few times, but forgets what it is that she needs to do to and rides back behind the curtain. She then comes out with trained animals and starts showing them off, but mixes up the cues and confuses the animals. She picks them up and leaves the arena in embarrassment. The crowd is enraged. The quality of the performance is poor as it is a one woman circus. The woman took on too many roles, too many responsibilities. She was a fool to think that she could find a balance and stay organized. She is confused, dazed, disconcerted, and exhausted.

Thus I find my self sitting at my work desk at 6am. One hour before I am supposed to because my brain was too fried to check my alarm clock this morning.

And that, my friends, is not funny.

1 comment: