Saturday, May 30, 2009

One of Those Days

Have you ever had a day where things turn out bad in whatever it is you did? When you quarrel with your mate because of a stupid thing and your casserole turns out too lumpy and looking at your accounts makes you nauseous and your mortgage company sends you a note rejecting your plea? Maybe not. But if you do, I hope you have someone to blame all those things on besides yourself. Because it really sucks to realize that your crappy mood is a result of some stupid action done by YOU and you have no one but YOU to blame for it all. Its kind of like hitting your toe on the door trim. It hurts bad, and yet you have no one to yell at to make you feel better.

No one is going to bail us out and no one should. People need to make mistakes, suffer consequences so that they rise up wiser and stronger. I know that there are people who would trade places with us in a heartbeat and that these temporary hardships will be over soon. I also know that we are blessed beyond measure with health, beautiful family, and much more. And yet, it is really hard not to feel down and it is even harder not showing it. I really suck at hiding my feelings, putting on a joyful face and pretending like everything is cool. Thank God for my husband who is genuinely great at it. I don't know how, but he always manages to put a smile on my face. By looking at him, I know things will be alright. But for now, I feel like curling up in a fetal position and getting some rest.

1 comment: