Friday, February 13, 2009

I Feel So Loved....

I feel loved not because my husband got me roses, or a card, or a box of chocolates or diamonds. I feel loved because the class that gave me much grief during the transition/trial period showered me with gifts today. I wasn't just pleasantly surprised, I was shocked. This is the group that made me cry not once, but twice. For the first time (at least to my knowledge) in ten years in education I was called a b***h by a student in this class. It was this class that made me lose my appetite and skip lunch. They challenged most everything I said and did, and some were very defiant and rude. They have exposed my ears to so much profanity that two weeks teaching that class compensated for the whole year I was away from the foul mouth teenagers. To give you a better picture, watch 2 minutes and 26 seconds of this:





Needless to say, the last few weeks made my prospects of teaching in a community college and staying home with my babies even more desirable.

And then....they tell me they love me and melt my heart. Well, three of them did. I still gotta work on the other 24. Any ideas on how to win their hearts? Karate is out of the question.

3 comments:

  1. Look you are getting through one mend at a time that is truly amazing. You are an amazing teache one these kids will remember forever. ((((((((((HUGS))))))) to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your link on Tina's blog... just wanted to let you know that I am a teacher of students with behavior issues... they show me love in weird ways...but the best is when they come back a few years later and tell you that they like me or say sorry for being so impossible! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina and Beth, thank you for your warm words of encouragement. I can sure use those!

    ReplyDelete