Friday, July 2, 2010

What Have I Been Doing Lately?

It is still hard to believe that summer is here. The weather has been perfect these past few days but not very summerish. Today is an exception, however; it is rainy and cold here again. We are trying to be outside as much as possible on nice days. I also don't feel summer psychologically. Though I am finished with my practicum (90 instruction hours!), I am taking another class and thus my brain is occupied with a 30 page research paper I have to produce in (oh my!) three weeks! But it is still sooooooooo nice to be home. I have decided not to plan on doing any projects this summer only because I don't want to be disappointed in myself come September. So what have we been doing instead?

~having slow mornings with lots of cuddling and coffee drinking
~swimming and gymnastics lessons
~pretending that we are camping and "sleeping" in sleeping bags
~going to the library, OMSI, new to us gymnastics place and the zoo
~potty training (Lord, help me. I am not even using God's name in vain here.)
~patiently awaiting our daddy to come home from looooong days of work he's had
~weeding
~garage sale shopping
~washing our gorgeous ride
~befriending ourselves with our big neighbour
~relaxing at the cabin
~ignoring emails from MINT that tell us we went over our budget
~thinking of selling our house...

Sounds very productive, doesn't it? Depends how one looks at it. My goal this summer is to spend as much time as I can with my kids. I owe this to them. So if nothing noticable gets done around here, so be it.

1 comment:

  1. where are you guys swimming? if that was you i saw, i am so rude for not saying hi....

    ReplyDelete