Monday, December 22, 2008

Ой, мороз мороз. Oh, Frost,Frost.

I was looking outside at our snowed in everything and shrugged at the thought of leaving the comfort of my cozy warm house to go outside when this Russian Folk song came to mind. So I looked it up on youtube and found this clip. It is a song about a guy who is trying to get home in an extreme winter cold and is asking "the frost" not to stand in his way of getting home to his wife who is very jealous. Hope you enjoy pictures of Russian winters, Tina!

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a delightful surprise. This has put a smile on my face. I think I must be a European at heart, Lord I married a Hungarian man LOL.

    The music was magical, the voice so powerful and the photos sublime. they kinda remind me of winters back where I'm from, in Canada.

    My DH Uncle, God rest his soul, used to sing wonderful Romanian Christmas Carols....it was heavenly.

    Thank You Zhenya for this wonderful post. You are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete